Welcome to our first edition of Math + Code, a magazine that connects math to coding and coding to math. We are thrilled to be launching this online resource for teachers, students and parents.
This issue of Math + Code ‘Zine offers:
- Articles written by our contributors related to all things math and code;
- A Creative Corner offering suggested activities that will help you and your students to make math and code connections;
- An Interview with a professor of mathematics education who shares his thoughts on math and coding in the past, present and future;
- Highlighted ideas of a key figure in Math and Coding education, appropriately entitled Coding on the Shoulders of Giants;
- Links to current online articles and resources related to math and/or coding.
Thank you for checking in. We hope this Math + Code ‘Zine will assist you with providing effective and interesting learning opportunities for students in mathematics. We welcome your comments and perspective about our articles and activities. Please help us to promote our new magazine by sharing it on Twitter. You can find us @mathncode.
I am thrilled to be the Associate Editor of a magazine for a theme that I am so passionate about!
Lisa Floyd, Associate Editor