Welcome to our third edition of Math + Code, a magazine that connects math to coding and coding to math.
This edition of Math + Code ‘Zine offers:
- Featured Articles written by our contributors related to all things math and code;
- A Children’s Story about a key female computer programmer from the past;
- A Try This Activity to share with your students;
- An Interview highlighting a teacher’s initiatives to inspire a school community to use coding as a tool to enhance understanding of math ideas;
- Links to current online articles and resources related to math and coding.
Thank you for checking in. We hope this Math + Code ‘Zine will assist you with providing effective and interesting learning opportunities for students in mathematics. We welcome your comments and perspective about our articles and activities. Please help us to promote our new magazine by sharing it on Twitter. You can find us @mathncode.
I am thrilled to be the Associate Editor of a magazine for a theme that I am so passionate about!
Lisa Floyd, Associate Editor @lisaannefloyd
Math + Code ‘Zine is a project by George Gadanidis supported by The Fields Institute and Western’s Teaching Support Centre
Photo Credit: Devon Collins, Montcalm Secondary School, TVDSB